starting strength gym

Thread: Need some advice

Default Need some advice

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    In my 20's I had a motorcycle wreck. My left arm was knocked of grip, and I was riding along guardrail. I could not get my brain to signal my right hand off of the throttle. My only thought was to use my left arm since it was free. I hooked the guard post and it jerked me off of the bike. I am now almost 50 and it seems like over maybe the last decade I have at some nerve issue in my elbow. Since starting LP, I have been feeling it. As soon as I got to 155 lbs on the dead lift my elbow popped on third rep. I stopped. This all happened about the time the SS app said to add in chins. I am able to make the recommended 5 lb progressions using the lat pull, with a starting weight of 75. So far so good. The problem is at this time until I can get the elbow looked I don't know if anything I can do for my back. Any ideas?

I'm not sure "nerve issues" and "elbow popped" are the same thing.

You can squat

Obviously not! The nerve in that area was just letting me know something is wrong. I just didn't know what or how bad.

I can and am still squatting and anything else that the bad elbow allows.

Just found out I have a bone spur on the back of the elbow, that seems to be digging into the tricep. The next step seems to be seeing an ortho. Presently lifting/pushing whatever it allows.