starting strength gym

Thread: Stem cell treatment for joint injuries--worth looking at or total bullshit

Default Stem cell treatment for joint injuries--worth looking at or total bullshit

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I have a 7mm partial thickness tear of the supraspinatus. Rip has already suggested that surgery is probably in my future (age 49). I have a friend who got stem cell therapy/injections for his shoulder and he swears by it. Interested in the coaches perspectives--especially the medical guys. Any advice?

Out of my league. Built if a doctor was making claims like that to me, I'd be wanting evidence - imaging that I could take to another practitioner for an opinion on, and data on successful outcome percentages. I've not seen (which doesn't mean they don't exist) any studies on these relatively new therapies. I note that Emory University, though the Emory Hospital system, offers these treatments. I also note that while their website does discuss percentage of successful outcomes, longevity of the treatment is not addressed.