starting strength gym

Thread: Is there any way to fix this bar?

Default Is there any way to fix this bar?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi Rip,

So I found this bar on craigslist for $40. I went and took a look at it, and I saw it had good spin and bushing, but I only looked at one side. When I got home, I noticed only one side of the bar had bushings on the bar. Not sure of the brand of the bar either.

Is it possible to fix it? Or not possible to buy just that (copper?) piece. Both sides still spin well, just the one without the bushing doesn't spin as well. The ends aren't snap rings either, 1 exposed hex bolt on each end.

If not, its no big deal. Just going to use it probably for squats and deads.

Thanks, I appreciate your time.

It's a cheap plated bar. Both bushings are there, but one of them is plated and the other one is bare bronze, probably assembled from two different batches of sleeves. So there's nothing to fix. If it's not too bent, just enjoy that it was cheap.

And don't drop it - I've had one cheapy bar with the sleeves bolted on, sooner or later the bolts strip and the fucking things fall apart. Not funny (well, funny, but not if it's you lifting at the time).
    No more of them in my gym!