starting strength gym
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: From iVillage: Child of vegan parents dies of malnutrition.

Default From iVillage: Child of vegan parents dies of malnutrition.

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I thought the forum might find this article interesting. I apologize for any spike in blood pressure you may experience while reading it.

NOTE: I stumbled across this on a news aggregate site; I don't know how reliable "iVillage" is.

A light-hearted diversion into modern culture, as the gene pool cleans itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    A light-hearted diversion into modern culture, as the gene pool cleans itself.
    Not cool, Rip. This is an eleven month old child we're talking about. And not that I should even address the substance, but I don't think bad dietary choices are genetic. I'm sure there are a lot of meat-eating children of vegetarian or vegan parents out there,

Aww, that's not nice, Mark. The kid had nothing to do with choosing his own diet.

I'm not talking about the child. I'm talking about the effect of stupid decisions on the family. Don't yell at my ass -- save it for the fools that deny the realities of life.

1. Things die so that other things may live.

2. Recognize this, or face the consequences.

If I wasn't so damned libertarian I would push for a parenting license.

I'm not talking about the child. I'm talking about the effect of stupid decisions on the family. Don't yell at my ass -- save it for the fools that deny the realities of life.

1. Things die so that other things may live.

2. Recognize this, or face the consequences.

I'll begin the motion for a parenting license. Some people just weren't meant to procreate. Darwinism would've taken over if we didn't have social programs in place. (Note: this is not meant to be derailed into a political arena.)

I must not have any libertarian beliefs because I absolutely think there should be a parenting license. The shit people call parenting these days is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbryan View Post
    I must not have any libertarian beliefs because I absolutely think there should be a parenting license. The shit people call parenting these days is unreal.
    Be careful what you ask for, the government just may decide to provide it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ello View Post
    Darwinism would've taken over if we didn't have social programs in place. (Note: this is not meant to be derailed into a political arena.)
    It also would have taken over if we didn't have ophthalmology. Would've been too bad for Bill Gates and Steve Jobs.

starting strength coach development program
    Here are some excerpt from this article (emphasis added):

"...their 11-month-old daughter...weighed just 12.5 pounds and was dead by the time emergency workers arrived at her home after her parents called for help...deficiencies of vitamin A and B12...exclusively breastfed her daughter for the entire 11 months...Because vegans don’t eat meat or dairy products, they must make a concerted effort to get enough vitamin B12, which is only found naturally in animal products...It's also important to introduce solids around six months...by six months, babies need additional nutrients, especially iron and zinc.”

OK, at what point after the 6th month did these parents start to notice that something was wrong? It's not like they gave their daughter some vegan food and the kid died the next day. Most parents run to the doctor at the first sign of a sniffle. They watched their daughter slowly die over the course of 5 months and did nothing?

Too bad the child died, but the parents must be held accountable.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast