starting strength gym

Thread: Power Clean check, please.

Default Power Clean check, please.

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Cross post from the technique board. I'd greatly appreciate your advice.

27 y/o
    BW 218lbs
    5'11''

I've been messing around with my form after I posted a form check in the technique board at 185lbs. I wasn't fully extending, and was jumping too early. I was also advised to alter my grip width and knee position. I did widen my grip a bit, but not much. Maybe half a palm width on each side. I'm pointing out my toes a bit more, and jamming my knees in to the space made by my wider elbows. I think it's working well. My foot position has narrowed a teeny bit.

The problems I still see are: 1) I'm still jumping a bit early, 2) Donkey kick, 3) Extension still needs work.

At first I was dismayed, since it looked like I still wasn't extending nearly enough at the knees. Upon closer inspection, though, it looks like there's been a little bit of improvement since my 185lb form check:

Clearly it still needs work. Please let me know if I'm missing anything. I apologize for not capturing my rack position in the video.

Previous form check vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MoO4QeDuu8

Donkey kick? Do you even know what that is? There is no donkey kick at all in any of these reps. Your extension is good, your second pull starts at the right place, and I see nothing wrong with them at all, except that they're too light.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Donkey kick? Do you even know what that is? There is no donkey kick at all in any of these reps. Your extension is good, your second pull starts at the right place, and I see nothing wrong with them at all, except that they're too light.
    Thanks for taking a look, Rip. I will throw some more weight on the bar and see what I can do.

I do know what donkey kick is, but I guess the foot movement has to be more severe than I thought to qualify.

Thanks again.