starting strength gym

Thread: Injured Groin while Squatting

Default Injured Groin while Squatting

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I've been having increased pain in my groin while squatting. Would you recommend trying the Starr rehab method or to try and squat with a narrower stance for maybe a few weeks.

Also for the Starr method, it is for 10 straight days and not 10 "workouts", right? And with that, how much would it hurt linear progress on the other lifts due to the long layoff?

Another question- deadlifts are starting to get heavy for me (275X5). I was thinking about shifting to A=deadlift/chin and back ext, B= pc. This is a little diff from what is in SSBBT (A=deadlift/pc, B= back ext. and chin). I'm starting to really enjoy pc and would like to continue performing the exercise every other workout so do you think my setup is a good idea?

If the pain in your groin is increasing, as opposed to began suddenly with a trauma, it is probably not a muscle belly tear. The Starr rehab protocol works for tears, not inflammatory situations or aggravated scar tissue, your most likely problem. Ibuprofen and massage are your likely fixes.