starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do~wins .5

Default Do~wins .5

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    first off~ thank you to everyone who posts on this forum~ lots of great information. My question is, how do you guys maintain your weight training shoes? I lifted for years in cross trainers back in high school, so i am a bit unfamiliar with official shoe protocol. I.e do you wear them all around the gym and just take them off before out the door? Any tips to help protect the investment would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by PoundTheRock View Post
    first off~ thank you to everyone who posts on this forum~ lots of great information. My question is, how do you guys maintain your weight training shoes? I lifted for years in cross trainers back in high school, so i am a bit unfamiliar with official shoe protocol. I.e do you wear them all around the gym and just take them off before out the door? Any tips to help protect the investment would be appreciated.
    Put them on before squats, leave them for bench or press, power cleans, and even deadlift if you're into that sort of thing. Definitely don't walk outside the gym in them. Ever.

I wear them for my circuits and rowing (C2 erg, not barbell rows) just because I don't want to change shoes. I will however, change shoes to go to the urinal. Definitely don't wear them outside, they really belong on the platform and that's it, but I wear them for all my lifts so I keep them on for my entire workout.

I use to be extra careful and only wear them right in front of the squat rack before beginning my training. Now, I wear my Do-Wins from home and only take them off when I'm back home. They don't look like they will fail me any time soon but if they do I'll just get another pair.

I like to slowly knead a mixture of coconut oil and milk into the wooden heel. This keeps them very supple. :-)

I just wear them at the gym like any other shoe. I don't wear them outside during the day, I don't get them wet, and I never, EVER feed them after midnight.

I prefer my chucks for everything but back squats and presses. So I wear the cheap chucks to the gym change to the do wins for squats and presses then back to the chucks for everything else.

Bought the .5 do wins three months ago. Maybe four. Within thirty days of getting them, the eyelets started to tear
    Props to Rogue, the purchase amount was credited immediately back to my credit card, when I refused to pay for international shipping to where I live.

Four months on, tthesole is starting to come off. very unimpressed by the quality of the product, on this evidence. I am going to superglue the sole tonight, but I will be pissed about it, if it comes off again. If I recall, a couple of other people complained about the same thing on these boards. And hell, I take good care of my gear- not left in the car and shit like that.

Adipowers sometime in March, I would think. No rogue products anytime soon.

Those are the two issues I'm having with my Rogue Do-Wins (3/4"), although mine are a couple of years old now. I can get the sole re-glued, or even replaced, but the eyelets giving out are disappointing. I think they are too far gone to add eyelets at this point. I'm currently eyeing the new Pendlay Do-Wins as a replacement for the near future, possibly the Nike's.

It's a shame to hear about the Rogues. I've had my Rogue Do-Wins for almost two years now. Nothing is coming apart on them and I am far from gentle with them.

starting strength coach development program
    I wouldn't say that I pull hard on them at all. The material around the eyelets is a little thin. I can't recall another pair of shoes that I've had that wore out at the eyelets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast