starting strength gym

Thread: Squat check @ 325

Default Squat check @ 325

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    This was my fifth set of volume squats. I've been trying to cue myself not to let go as much in the bottom, as I've been doing on my intensity day squats. Thanks for the review!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9D0DDXc9QQ

1. Set-up: Bar in the hands, fingers around (but not trying to wrap around) the bar and squeezing - look at your right hand, which is hooked over the bar. Watch the bar position vid again if you need clarification.

2. Walkout: Stand up to lockout before walking back out.

3. Descent: You're rushing down at first, then slowing significantly, probably to avoid the loose at the bottom problem you mentioned you have on heavy reps. Descend at one smooth, controlled speed the whole way down. Don't go fast at the top then put the brakes on halfway down; be in control the whole way down. Control, but not slow, so you can get a solid bounce.

4. Make sure you push your knees out hard the whole way, beginning at the initiation of your descent and continuing through the rep. Knees are a little wobbly.

Could you clarify what you mean by "wobbly"? I've worked very hard to correct that issue.

Moving. Can't see your actual knees at the bottom due to the angle, but can see your right shank segment moving side to side The left looks better but I suspect it may be a trick of the angle.

thanks, i will work on keeping my knees in place and on the rebound function