starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check please

Default Squat form check please

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I'm looking for a little feed back on my squat form.

This is my 3rd set at 280# today. I reset a bit ago to work on my back angle and try to incorporate the "point my nipples to the floor" cue I got last last time.

I know I have a distracting and problematic head fake out of the bottom. It has eluded my efforts to correct it to date. If I could figure out the logistics of setting up and lodging a tennis ball under my chin as a physical/visual cue I think that might fix it. If that's the only comment though I'll be surprised.

Oh, belt is on order.

3rd set-280#-6 Jan 2015 - YouTube

Drive your knees out more and keep them out. Don't let them go so far forward, either. This will cause you to lean over a little more, which is fine. You are rounding your back a little on the way up. The knee positioning, especially out, will help with this. Get tighter. Squeeze. Think of taking your head out of the lift. It does not need to be involved. This will help you keep your chin down.

Thanks for the feedback. I will focus on the knees out cue. Do you think this requires a drop in weight or do you think it can be successfully accomplished in stride?

Thanks again for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapman View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I will focus on the knees out cue. Do you think this requires a drop in weight or do you think it can be successfully accomplished in stride?

Thanks again for the feedback. I really appreciate it.
    If it does require a lower weight, it will probably not be more than 10 or 20 pounds less.