starting strength gym

Thread: Which size weightlifting shoes should I get?

Default Which size weightlifting shoes should I get?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hi guys,

I finally found some cheap (60$) weightlifting shoes to order in Europe. Now I'm trying to figure out which size I should buy. It's pretty annoying because I've got quite short but wide feet. In US sizes: when it comes to length my feet fit in size 9 (EU 42.5) shoes. But my old size 9 sneakers feel painfully narrow now. So I started wearing size 9.5 (EU 43) shoes - with quite some room left in front of my toes.

Here's my dilemma: I read somewhere that you should get weightlifting shoes 1 size smaller than your sneaker size. Because they need to fit snug. Also, leather weightlifting shoes tend to get wider.

But like I said, size 9 sneakers just really hurt my foot. And size 9.5 is a bit too long. What should I do? I'm inclined on getting the 9.5 since I naturally prefer avoiding pain lol.

What brand? Maybe someone can chime in with experience with them.

Do they have a strap? If so, you could cinch the shit out if it if you get a size too wide.

I bought addidas shoes in my normal size, they fit perfectly. I'd get the 9.5.

They're an obscure East-European brand. But apparently they have a good reputation. And yes they do have straps, so I guess I'll just get the 9.5. I won't be doing olympic lifts, so it's doubtful that the extra length would be a problem right?

I have the same problem. I use normal tennus shoes for working out. www.kswiss.com/women/hypercourt-93336-460-m hope it's gonna be helpful