starting strength gym

Thread: Your Professional Library & Recommended Books to Learn From

Default Your Professional Library & Recommended Books to Learn From

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Coach,
    i'm going to ask you to think about this, because of your self acquired knowledge through the years in all related fields that directly or indirectly affect training. I know you are self taught in a lot of ways in addition to the decades of training and coaching. And you earned this before the easy (and inaccurate) web related sources out there: text books.

One of the things I respect about SS is its degree of academic rigor regarding all the fields that support training.

So, if I want to learn, beyond SS and PP, what other books/ textbooks would be of most value to someone who wants to learn in addition to just training under the bar? What are the five books/ textbooks I should start with and why?

Appreciate the time. As always I learn a ton from you and the SS Coaches. (My only regret is that I didn't study my undergrad texts the way I dig into every paragraph of SS and PP.)

I believe Rip's recommendation for exercise science is Exercise Physiology: Human Bioenergetics by Brooks and Fahey.

Quote Originally Posted by The_GOAT View Post
    I believe Rip's recommendation for exercise science is Exercise Physiology: Human Bioenergetics by Brooks and Fahey.
    Yes, Brooks and Fahey make it on the list pretty much every one of the hundreds of times this question has been asked...

Quote Originally Posted by The_GOAT View Post
    good book, I also like as a reference 'strength training anatomy' I'm terrible when it comes to anatomy. I only know the important parts

Westside Barbell Book Of Methods

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    Westside Barbell Book Of Methods
    Trololol