starting strength gym

Thread: 3 day vs 4 day texas methods and personal preference

Question 3 day vs 4 day texas methods and personal preference

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hey SS coaches, I was just wondering since im a novice meaning i'm still making linear progress on the SS program and was just planning for the future. I was wondering if there is any reason I couldnt go from the 3x a week SS to the 4X a week TM so I could be more flexible with assistance exercises for aesthetic reasons and help spread the stress from volume squats more evenly throughout the week? Or does it not really matter if you choose the 3 or 4 day program because it's a personal preference thing.

The more training variables you change simultaneously, the harder it is to know which had an impact on your training and what that impact was. Switch to the classic 3 day version first, run it out while learning what you can from what happens. You'll be in a better position at that point to decide if you want to switch to a 4 day training schedule or tweak your 3 day schedule.

Ok. Another thing, I currently do SS with a few variations. It looks like this

Workout A:
    Squat
    Bench
    Power clean
    Chins
    Workout B:
    Squat
    Press
    Deadlift
    Dips

I used dips instead of GHR becuase through trial and error I've found dips to be more useful. And I'm still making progress pulling every workout. I was wondering if these modifications are fine if they fit me better personally or is SS so rigid that this is blasphemy?

This is certainly not blasphemy. Carry on.