starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sabo Dead Lift Shoes

Default Sabo Dead Lift Shoes

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Does anyone have any experience with the Sabo Dead Lift Shoe? Would you recommend them?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey. View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with the Sabo Dead Lift Shoe? Would you recommend them?

Thanks
    I have them - they are a well made shoe with a very thin hard sole that is still flexible, and they have 2 velcro straps that make it easy to get the shoe really tight.

Powerlifting to Win did a pretty comprehensive review of them - use Google

I have them. Not too great. Fairly cheaply made. For example, it took me almost an hour to push the laces through the eye holes which are simply punched through the layers of the material.

Not particularly supportive, but I'm used to Nike squat shoes, which are very well made.

They are better than socks or slippers but not by a lot. The soles are pretty good.

They are fine for competition over a slipper but you won't add anything to your pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey. View Post

Thanks
    I have a pair, and I do deadlift in them, but in retrospect, I'd be just as happy with a cheaper pair of throwing shoes, or even wrestling shoes. They're basically wrestling shoes with a metatarsal strap. Tom N likes them though, and I don't claim to be the authority.

I like pulling in my Nike Romaleos.

Not terribly relevant, but I have the SABO GYM shoes which I pull in and they're pretty much the cat's whiskers.

Have been thinking of getting the deadlift shoes, but really, the GYMs are bang on for everything. Only shoes on the market that has less than 0.75" heel, and which also hasn't been discontinued.

Great customer service, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    I like pulling in my Nike Romaleos.
    For the record, I agree with Tom. For most lifters, I advocate pulling in a heeled weightlifting shoe. I personally save the flats for meet prep and meets, since my wonky anthropometry means I can lock out significantly more weight that way. But for general training, and for the vast majority of lifters, I'm an advocate of pulling in weightlifting shoes.

Jordan pulling 705 in socks was kinda cool, though.

I deadlift in my socks and have found that I can consistently lift more weight, than compared with my weight lifting shoes.
    The lack of any heel height in the former is immediately obvious to me when lifting.
    If I could find a shoes with minimal sole, effectively just an arch support, that would be great.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    For the record, I agree with Tom. For most lifters, I advocate pulling in a heeled weightlifting shoe. I personally save the flats for meet prep and meets, since my wonky anthropometry means I can lock out significantly more weight that way. But for general training, and for the vast majority of lifters, I'm an advocate of pulling in weightlifting shoes.
    Is this because it makes the lift more difficult? I am asking because I normally pull barefooted(socks actually). Just picked up some wrestling shoes to pull in at gyms and meets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast