starting strength gym

Thread: Bar ID

mikeylikey Guest

Default Bar ID

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Anybody want to take a shot at this one? I sort of already committed to buy it. Guy says it's straight and the sleeves spin - I'll obviously verify before I hand over the cash. Surely it's better than my Fitness Gear bolt-on bar.

Thanks

mikeylikey Guest

Little bump here, sorry...

I bought this bar and it's fine, perfectly straight, sleves are not obstructed.

I'd like to take it apart and really clean it up as it's got a little bit of rust and pitting on it, and I'd like to go ahead and flush out the insides and properly lubricate. Any idea how to remove a sleve of this type? What you see in the center is the bar itself, not a cap, surrounded by some kind of split snap ring or something. There are no pins in the sleves or any other indication that anything besides the little two half circle deal is holding the sleeve on.

Thanks

It's hard to say how to take it apart from this one photo, but it looks like it would require a set of snapring pliers. That's my best guess. The picture is kind of blurry but it looks like it's possible that the ring can simply be pried out. Whatever you do, do it slowly and gently.Be careful not to break that ring because if you don't know what brand it is, you won't get another one exactly like it.

As far as the make of the bar, I've seen it before but can't place it. I did search the makes and models of the more common bars in google images but didn't find a match. It may be generic. I'm real surprised no one else has been able to name it.

And just a few seconds later, I find this:

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...r:9,s:45,i:277

Not a very good picture, but it looks similar. This bar is a generic.

mikeylikey Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KAG View Post
    And just a few seconds later, I find this:

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...r:9,s:45,i:277

Not a very good picture, but it looks similar. This bar is a generic.
    That link points to a picture of a chrome hex bolt bar. Thanks for your other comments BTW. I'll fiddle around with it.

starting strength coach development program
    Ya, I linked the wrong picture. I found a picture of a bar that looked a lot like yours. But now I'm at a different computer so I can't check the history to find it.