starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is LSD good for anything?

Default Is LSD good for anything?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Is jogging/LSD good for anything? Wouldn't you be better off just doing sprints or the prowler for any type of cardio?

Default Is LSD good for anything?

It's good for adapting the body to run long distances, if that's something you're interested in.

Eugene Guest

LSD is good for introspection at low doses. I would not abuse this drug.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Noice.

Anyway, I use LSD a few times a week to burn fat on a cut. Whenever I read articles comparing LSD vs. HIIT, the conclusion seems to be that while HIIT will burn more calories per minute, LSD can burn more calories overall, since you can maintain LSD for longer periods of time. I think it's good to do if you've got the time for it. Plus, I personally feel better after a LSD session than I do after a HIIT session.

I think you can maintain strength levels with a small deficit and some lsd cardio just to speed things up. You still need to recover from it though

Quote Originally Posted by EliGreen View Post
    Is jogging/LSD good for anything? Wouldn't you be better off just doing sprints or the prowler for any type of cardio?
    Depends upon your GOALS.

A moderate amount of LSD cardio (30-45 minutes 3x/weekly) is not very stressful, not contraindicated to gaining strength, and frankly all you need to get SUPERB benefits to longevity and prevention of chronic diseases. This is IN ADDITION TO the benefits that strength training provides in that regards.

Quote Originally Posted by snyderman3000 View Post
    It's good for adapting the body to run long distances, if that's something you're interested in.
    +1. If you're into conditioning your legs and body for trekking long distances, you need to train for it. You can fuck around with studies about VO2 and whatnot, but if you want to have the wind AND the legs to march up Machu Pichu or run a marathon, doing HIIT ain't gonna cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by FKYT View Post
    Anyway, I use LSD a few times a week to burn fat on a cut. Whenever I read articles comparing LSD vs. HIIT, the conclusion seems to be that while HIIT will burn more calories per minute, LSD can burn more calories overall, since you can maintain LSD for longer periods of time. I think it's good to do if you've got the time for it. Plus, I personally feel better after a LSD session than I do after a HIIT session.
    Yes, LSD burns more calories OVERALL. And the fat loss equation is total calories in, minus total calories out. Also, you can DO your LSD multiple times a week, with more frequency than you can do HIIT without impeding recovery. So for the GOAL of losing weight, run slow conversation pace for as long as you can and you'll burn lots more kcals. Ditto for walking a couple of miles daily. You can do 3x/weekly three slow jogging miles on your non-weight-days and do 2 miles walking in the morning on your weight days, with a day off, and have a 200-lb man burn 2250 kcals/week in effort, not counting EPOC. Just try burning that many kcals running HIIT, you'd kill yourself and kill your legs for lifting.

So yeah, LSD has a place, if used properly in accordance with your goals.

[QUOTE=jon cowie;541270]. Likewise for the housewife who just keeps trim doing [QUOTE]

Finally, you noticed

Agreed. Take it easy, people.

I read this several times before realizing you meant lysergic.

I'd say the same applies to LSD as the OP meant it too.

starting strength coach development program
    I have a naturally high resting heart rate (just under/over 100 bpm). If I run for 10-15 minutes twice a week it drops it down to about 78 bpm. This makes it much easier to sleep at night.

Added bonus of the high resting heart rate, it is very easy for me to trigger an adrenaline dump. I can also exceed 230 bpm during high intensity activities. That has its uses as well. Probably not so good from a longevity perspective.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast