starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tip Jar?

Default Tip Jar?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I've gotten so much valuable advice from SSC's on form checks I was wondering if some type of PayPal account or "tip jar" exists, or could be set up.

I know I'd gladly throw in a few bucks each time I submit a form check to the coaches forum, I suspect others would as well. The idea that Campitelli, Wolf, and others don't even get beer money out doing that work kinda bothers me.

Just an idea.

You're a good man, Anthony. Buy our books and attend our seminars and training camps.

Yea, I thought about this also. Too much free info and time by the coaches spent here, they need to be compensated somehow. I am going to buy some extra copies of the books to give to family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by k_dean_curtis View Post
    Yea, I thought about this also. Too much free info and time by the coaches spent here, they need to be compensated somehow. I am going to buy some extra copies of the books to give to family and friends.
    This is how I deal with it, I've had the Coaches refuse to take cash via PayPal in the past.
    Buy the books and shirts for family, friends and PT's

Buy a seat at a seminar. Cancel. Refuse refund.

Quote Originally Posted by k_dean_curtis View Post
    I own all the books, (in both paperback and kindle in the case of SS and PP) and the video.
    I bought my pal a copy of SS, shipped to his house, to cure him of the foolery of his only source of info, magazines.
    I'm always on the lookout for someone who could benefit from a copy.
    When I finish my 2nd thorough readings of SS and PP, then i will take a seminar.
    I think it's important to re-read, after 6 months training, I picked up on a lot of things I missed the first time around. I was much too excited and impatient to get to work that I missed many details, and after physically doing the exercises, the answers to the new questions I had were easily found. Reading without reflecting is like eating without digesting.
    The forums would be a lot quieter if more people did this.

Look, folks - no one gets into this looking to make a bunch of money. I have a good job, and I do this as a hobby. I like teaching, and it like having the opportunity to help people. The weekends I staff Seminars I look at as vacation. I have a lot of fun doing it, and I like seeing people lift better.

As Rip says, buy the books. Come to the seminars. Come to the camps. Post here how awesome you're getting. That's thanks enough for me.

Until I can scrounge up enough cash to attend a seminar I will have keep purchasing the books. With the exception of the first edition of SSBBT, I own every book that you Aasgaard Co. has published. Second and third editions of SSBBT, the latest in the softcover (this was given away to a friend with young kids) and hardcover versions, the DVD, MOMG, Strong Enough?, Strongest Shall Survive, Defying Gravity, and all editions of PP and just today I "added to the tip jar" by buying a kindle edition of PP 3ed. I will continue doing this as long as Rip publishes anything. It's the least I can do to reimburse Rip and Co. for their help and contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonu View Post
    Buy a seat at a seminar. Cancel. Refuse refund.
    We don't do refunds. But again, the sentiment is appreciated.

starting strength coach development program
    Spread the word's the best thing you can do. Not merely buying the books, but telling people the results you've got.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast