starting strength gym

Thread: Height and weight numbers.

Default Height and weight numbers.

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi Mark,

If you could give us some height/weight numbers it would really be appreciated. I believe you mentioned that I should be around 260 pounds for 6'4", yet I see another post where you recommend a trainer be around 240 for 6 feet.

That would probably put me closer to 280.

Yikes.

For someone who is, untrained, only about 180 pounds, is this even possible?

I guess I'm wondering what sort of transformational potential there is in lifting. No one's ever put a limit on it, but can an adult really add 100 lbs of muscle to their frame?

I always thought if I ever hit 230 I'd be a big guy, now I realize ...

I'd only start looking normal then.

Best,
    fluxboy

(ps What role does bone structure play in this? Obviously the bigger the better, but I've come across very large men with small small joints leading me to believe that bone structure isn't the limiting factor, contrary to all those height and weight charts based on wrist size. Your thoughts?)

I'm not going to make a table of height/weight numbers. The insurance industry already has one, and you know what bullshit that one is. There are too many variables to account for, some of which you mention. And I don't like being wrong.