starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3rd revision release date?

Default 3rd revision release date?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    The page for says second revision, just want to know when the third revision with the new info in back angle in the deadlift will be out? Happy thanksgiving Rip!!!!

The third revision is in circulation now. The books sold on our website are always the current version.

wait, when did this happen? For some reason I thought the 3rd revision was due in the New Year.

Just to clarify, if I order from Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training | The Aasgaard Company, I'll get the 3rd revision even though it says 2nd revision?

The books sold on our website are always the current version.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The third revision is in circulation now. The books sold on our website are always the current version.
    Dammit.

Does "in circulation" mean that it's the one currently being sold? Or does it mean it's being circulated among proof readers etc., before it becomes the current version?

Thanks Rip just ordered it, look forward to reading the improvements in you came up with!

All the stock available for sale now from Amazon or our website is the newest version. It says "2nd revision" on the copyright page.

All the stock available for sale now from Amazon or our website is the newest version. It says "2nd revision" on the copyright page.
    So if the newest version is the 2nd revision, what did you mean when you said that the 3rd revision is "in circulation"? Or are you implying that the newest version is the 3rd revision, but it mistakenly says it's the 2nd revision? I suppose if it's the third iteration (of the 3rd edition), then it's the second time it's been revised.

My copy just says 3rd edition on the copyright page - no mention of a revision.

It says "2nd revision" on the copyright page.

What about the Kindle version? Are there different revisions?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by spacediver View Post
    So if the newest version is the 2nd revision, what did you mean when you said that the 3rd revision is "in circulation"? Or are you implying that the newest version is the 3rd revision, but it mistakenly says it's the 2nd revision? I suppose if it's the third iteration (of the 3rd edition), then it's the second time it's been revised.

My copy just says 3rd edition on the copyright page - no mention of a revision.
    You have an old copy. When we revise a few sentences, we don't always formally call it a new revision.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast