starting strength gym

Thread: Question about knees coming forward

Default Question about knees coming forward

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hello,

I was reading some threads on here about knee position coming forward and saw people suggesting a "TUBOW".

However, I tried this TUBOW and found it to be quite uncomfortable and always found my knees wanted to come SLIGHTLY forward.

I decided to look up how it was being described in the book and noticed that in SS 3rd Edition, Mark Rippetoe mentions on page 28

Your feet are flat on the floor, your knees are shoved out to where they are in a parallel line with your feet, and your knees are just a little in front of your toes.
    This also seems to correlate with some of the demonstrations I've seen in which some people's knees are coming slightly forward, and others are able to keep them completely parallel with their toes. When I try and sit back so far as to avoid hitting the TUBOW with much force, I feel like my hip joints are being moved in a manner that does not feel anatomically correct to me.

Anyways, can anybody please clarify on this?

Cannot see anything from here. Hypotheticals are not as much value as video. Let's see your squat.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1987 View Post
    This also seems to correlate with some of the demonstrations I've seen in which some people's knees are coming slightly forward, and others are able to keep them completely parallel with their toes. When I try and sit back so far as to avoid hitting the TUBOW with much force, I feel like my hip joints are being moved in a manner that does not feel anatomically correct to me.

Anyways, can anybody please clarify on this?
    Different anthropometry means the proper position of the knees - and TUBOW - varies. Read the whole book.

Like Tom says, we can't see your situation from here. Invisible and all.