starting strength gym

Thread: 305x5 ID Squat

Default 305x5 ID Squat

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    Today was the first day of my reset back to 5s. I made it up to 335x2x2 prior to resetting. I missed all last week because I was on vacation so today felt harder than it should have.

I'm pretty sure reps 4 and 5 sucked. It felt like my back unlocked and rounded, but I can't tell from the video if it did or if it just felt that way.

My main issue with the last form check was I was going TOO deep, so I tried to cut these off a little "high."

Those looked pretty good to me man. I had the same issue with going too deep, I tried to adjust it if you want to check it out on the coach's section. Also, is that a Titan rack by chance?

Default 305x5 ID Squat

Quote Originally Posted by BGish1984 View Post
    Those looked pretty good to me man. I had the same issue with going too deep, I tried to adjust it if you want to check it out on the coach's section. Also, is that a Titan rack by chance?
    I felt pretty good about 1-3. I think 4 and 5 I lost my hip drive and looked up. Overall I'm pretty happy since it was ID after all.

It is an Atlas rack which is the same thing as the Titan rack (regular one, not the HD one). Only difference is it's forest green instead of black. Different manufacturer from the same plans/dimensions best I can tell.

It's worked well for me. I'd like to get the HD or R3, I just don't have the funds right now.

Looks as if you have a pretty good set up. I'm about to build my garage gym. I have the standard 83'' Titan rack. Just have to build my platform now.

Quote Originally Posted by BGish1984 View Post
    Looks as if you have a pretty good set up. I'm about to build my garage gym. I have the standard 83'' Titan rack. Just have to build my platform now.
    I built mine quite some time ago...but still haven't finished. haha. I still have a 2'x2' corner on each side that needs to be filled. The rubber mats were only 4'x6' so I was short 2' on each side. I need to fill it with another piece of mat or a piece of plywood, I just haven't gotten around to doing it because lazy.

Lmao, my trailer mats are the same dimension. I just mentioned to my gf that we would have to fill in the corners. Just went and purchased 6 sheets of 3/4 plywood from Lowe's earlier. How many sheets did your rack( since we pretty much have the same model) account for in order to get it flush with your platform?

I made mine like this, and have just the leftover corners to fix.

EDIT: If your garage isn't perfectly level make sure the slope runs front to back, not side to side (while in position). Slope from heel to toe is better than a difference in height between your feet (i.e. one foot higher than the other)
    Last edited by amsgator; 10-17-2015 at 05:52 PM.

Yea, that's the template that I'm going to use as well. Did you bolt your rack down, or do you just anchor it? I noticed that you had plates on it.

It's not bolted. The only time it moving is an issue it sometimes it'll scoot an inch or so when re-racking a bench.

starting strength coach development program
    I'd like to see you break at the hip and knee simultaneously on the start of your squat.
    Also you tilted your chin up on you 4th and 5th rep when you were coming out of the hole. That's what killed your hip drive on those last two.