starting strength gym

Thread: Powerclean check.

Default Powerclean check.

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    PC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Eks4-dwTjds

The sets are in no order, I am too lazy to figure out. And there only 4 sets because one of my mates decided to place himself right between me and my phone(of which I am recording from) during the whole video.
    I'm aware of me jumping forward, but I have no idea why. Am I possibly bouncing the bar away from my thighs? Or could my start position be incorrect? Yes, I am using hook grip.

Thanks

You tend to be on your toes. That is, you put the bar in front of the midfoot and then place your shoulders pretty far in front of the bar. I would bet this is the big reason for your tendency to jump forward. Fix your setup and get the bar back so that it is an inch from your shins. Then, don't exaggerate the shoulders forward. Stay balanced off the ground. The other issue is that it looks kind of heavy for you. What are you squatting and deadlifting at the moment.

I'll think of this and lower the weight as soon as my next PC workout is. Unfortunately I just had my latest PC workout today so I'll have to wait 5 days.

My current work-set(3x5) stats for my squat is 308.5 lb(140kg), and my deadlift(1x5) is at 289 lb(131 kg).
    As a sidenote: My DL will probably go a bit higher relatively fast due to fixing a couple of problems. I also fixed my squat(I think I did at least, can I post a re-check here maybe?) since I uploaded a form check thread a couple of weeks ago so I suppose I'll be able to have a couple more easy increases in weight on the bar since that.

Please excuse my failure to "convert my shit to pounds" in the video title. 76kg is equal to 167.6lb(roughly).

Thanks for your help!

If I may interject an issue not mentioned in the first post...

Let go of the bar in the rack position. You need to catch the bar with an open hand, with the bar more on your fingers than in your hand. You have a death grip on the bar, and it is causing you to rack with low elbows. Bar on fingertips. Very few people who haven't been weightlifting since they were itty bitty can rack a clean with a closed grip and still get their elbows up high enough. Over time, this often causes people elbow and/or scapula pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Reynolds View Post
    If I may interject an issue not mentioned in the first post...

Let go of the bar in the rack position. You need to catch the bar with an open hand, with the bar more on your fingers than in your hand. You have a death grip on the bar, and it is causing you to rack with low elbows. Bar on fingertips. Very few people who haven't been weightlifting since they were itty bitty can rack a clean with a closed grip and still get their elbows up high enough. Over time, this often causes people elbow and/or scapula pain.
    Yes, I am aware of this. My theory for that is that when the bar swings forward it's too much of a distance from my deltoids to land there so I end up catching it in my hand.