starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check -- Experiencing some knee pain

Default Squat Form Check -- Experiencing some knee pain

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Since I have recently had some pain in my left knee, I wanted to get my form checked and make any appropriate changes.

Thanks.

Depth is difficult to judge from that video, but I don't see anything injurious going on. Can you describe your knee pain?

The pain is in my left knee around the medial joint line. It's not severe pain and it does not occur during my training sessions. I notice the discomfort mostly when kneeling (immediately), turning around in bed (intermittently) or when getting out of a chair. I recently switched to the Texas Method after running a split routine where a squat once per week.

That is an unusual place to hurt from squatting. I'm afraid I don't have a lot of answers for you. Did your knees hurt when you were squatting once a week? Did you do something else to them outside of the weight room that may have caused it?

Thanks for the reply. I did not have knee pain when squatting 1x per week. While I cannot think of anything outside of my barbell training that could have caused this, I did manage to complete 320 5X5 on Monday and 335X5 yesterday with only mild soreness.

starting strength coach development program
    have you ever had a massage from a sadist, or an IT band release? Consider it. See if it helps. If 335 was your intensity day, that's awfully close to your volume day work sets.