starting strength gym

Thread: Extreme tiredness post workout

Default Extreme tiredness post workout

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Just finished week four. About 90 - 120 minutes post workout I am exhausted. Today I think I fell briefly asleep at my desk. Trying to figure out why I'm so tired. I workout over the noon hour. About 11am I have preworkout snack of 1 cup oats, .5 cup whole milk, 1 cup yogurt, and .25 cup berries. After the workout I have a giant salad with 200g chicken breast and a 250g sweet potatoe with 1tbsp of peanut butter. Seems like between the two meals that would be plenty of energy. But maybe not?

Stats:
    40 years old, 6 ft, 172 pounds, 11.8% body fat as measured by BIA.

When I started four weeks ago I was 166 lbs and 10.8% body fat.

Weights:
    Squat - 115 -> 195
    OHP - 75 -> 100
    Bench - 115 -> 140
    Deadlift - 205 -> 305

I started doing chins immediately, twice a week, and am making slow but steady progress.

I"m probably a bit light on calories. The first week of the program I didn't change my nutrition just started tracking it. Beginning at week two I started adding calories. Eating bodyweight in grams of protein, carbs somewhere between 250 - 300/grams/day, and the rest is fat.

Average Week 1: 1500
    Week 2: 2500
    Week 3: 2650
    Week 4: 2800

Thanks for any input!

Thanks for posting man. Start adding calories pronto. Getting wrecked at these numbers (other than the deadlift) is likely due to inadequate nutrition. 400 carbs, 225 grams of protein are good ballpark numbers for you to start out with. Never let your carbs drop below 350. You’ll feel a lot better in a few days

Hi John! My namne is Nikki and I am with SSOC- I'd like to add one little point here that may also help if you aren't already doing it! Try and get 30-40% of your daily carbs pre and post workout. That will help fuel you for your workout and then help you recover post/give you another boost of energy. And yes, definitely up your calories. Good luck! ��
    Last edited by Matt Reynolds; 08-10-2018 at 04:07 PM.