starting strength gym

Thread: Squat and power clean form checks

Default Squat and power clean form checks

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    Hi everyone, I'd love to get some feedback on both these lifts, as I've been working on my technique and trying to be very conscious of it and want to see where I'm doing things wrong/could do better. My squats are 3 work sets of 235 in one video, from 3 different angles:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrTheBru.../1/EiXiJ3QdeAQ

And the cleans are my last two work sets(i've been doing 3 sets of 5 so far)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrTheBru.../0/4Wx514x0p6k

I'm not wearing a shirt in the videos, but I work out at home and I wanted to be able to see my back positioning well. No homo lol.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

And btw, you can't see in the video, but I'm starting and dropping the cleans on two couch cushions. Since I'm using 35s and 10's, the height is about right, and it allows me to drop the weight with no issues(at least so far). I just thought it might appear as if I was just dropping steel plates directly on the ground.

Anyone have any opinions??

The squats look high to me, but it's hard to see because of the angle and framerate. Your hand placement on the bar isn't helping to secure it into your back. The power cleans look ok.

Is that a boner?

And yeah, I can't really see the squat...

Power Cleans: It's hard to tell from the video, but it doesn't seem like you're setting up correctly. Is the bar over your mid foot? Do you need to drop your ass that much? Also, I think you could afford more of a jump.

Just my amateurish 2 cents - doesn't seem like you're getting much other feedback tho.

starting strength coach development program
    Yeah, sorry about the quality of the video, this is my first time creating any type of movie/vid to post on youtube and don't really know how to use my movie-making software lol.

@Mike Yeah I didn't even notice my hands until you mentioned that, I'll keep an eye on those next squat session.

@ Carnivroar As arousing as barbell training is, no boners were present(at the specific timing of that video )

@ Skills I also noticed how low I dropped my ass once I watched the vids. I see that as soon as I'm about to pull though it comes up anyway, I guess just showing thats where I should be starting the pull to begin with. And I need to work on my jump.

Thanks for the replies, any kind of feedback always helps.