starting strength gym

Thread: Need a Coach/Trainer in Memphis, TN

Default Need a Coach/Trainer in Memphis, TN

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Not sure if it should go here, so if it not right please let me know. I am looking for a coach/trainer in Memphis, TN (or nearby) who is familiar with Rippetoe's methods and who can train me on 5 core lifts. While I have been doing them for more than a year, I feel I still have issues with my technique (especially SQ and DL). I have a garage gym so gym access is not a problem. 2-3 sessions might be enough and I am willing to pay a suitable compensation if desired. Please PM me or post here. Thanks so much for help.

The Starting Strength Directory would be the first place to look, but it appears that nearest registered coaches are in Nashville, which is probably about 3 hours away from you:

http://startingstrength.com/index.ph...651540b715186/

Forgot to mention - I already checked the directory and the nearest registered coach is at least 3 hours away.

I need help primarily in technique so if someone can please help, it will be highly appreciated.

Will like to add that I am willing to drive within an couple of hours as well.

Another option would be to attend one of Rip's seminars. You will get 2+ days with Rip and his staff, all the coaching you can absorb and more, plus the lecture material. Compared to driving 6 hours round trip a couple time, the seminar would be a much better option in my opinion.

Just food for thought.

Thanks for the recommendation. I followed it (at least partially) by registering for the "Starting Strength Couples Training Camp" in WFAC on Feb 12-13. Unfortunately my partner is unable to come. So if somebody here is looking for a training partner for this camp, please send me a message.

starting strength coach development program
    I am looking for a coach or trainer in Memphis, TN area once again. He or she doesn't have to be certified. All I care is if they can help me correct my technique.

Willing to pay suitable compensation. Pls message me if you are able to help. Thanks so much.
    Last edited by hh23; 08-28-2015 at 10:25 PM.