starting strength gym

Thread: Coaches Near Be'er Sheva, Israel

Default Coaches Near Be'er Sheva, Israel

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    My Mum, who lives in Be'er Sheva, recently injured her shoulder pretty badly after a fall ("dislocated shoulder and broken shoulder bone"). This got her thinking that, after she recovers, she should look into strength training. I'm very supportive of the idea but given her age and lack of experience, I think it would be best if she had a coach. I know there aren't any starting strength coaches in Israel but does anybody know if there are any reputable, non-SS coaches in her area that know how to teach the basic barbell movements?

I don't but maybe someone else here does.

What about SSOC? Provided language isn't a barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Cavallari View Post
    What about SSOC? Provided language isn't a barrier.
    I love it when I try not to be too salesy and self promoting and then you guys come in and do my job for me.

Yes, Kanga, especially when it comes to teaching untrained older people the lifts from scratch, I have not seen much out there outside of us that inspires my confidence. Every personal interaction and story I've heard about powerlifting coaches doing this has made me cringe. There are likely a few independents out there who'd do a good job but finding the needle in the haystack is one in a million. SSOC would be an excellent option.

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me about this, and, yeah, online coaching was my plan if we couldn't find any recommendations. Hopefully, it being virtual doesn't turn her off from training before she gets started.