starting strength gym

Thread: Slight pain behind right knee from squatting, skip a workout or do a partial workout?

Arrow Slight pain behind right knee from squatting, skip a workout or do a partial workout?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I train Sat, Mon, Weds and last Weds seemed to injure my knee squatting. Very minor pain behind my right knee during a warmup and since it wasn't severe I worked through it. As of friday it still hurt a bit and I was debating skipping my workout saturday but went anyway which was probably a mistake as it still doesn't feel 100% today.

It's week 4 and I really don't want to miss a workout but I don't want to make it worse, and I don't think I was squatting as well/deep as I could have sat since I was afraid of making it worse.

So tomorrow is deadlift day and I could go in and just press and do some assistance work or just skip it altogether. That or just wrap my knees and do a full workout anyway, don't really know the best course of action as it is very minor pain that isn't that noticeable but it doesn't feel quite right.

Wrapping is a good idea. Also get your form checked. You probably aren't keeping your knees out enough or you're coming forward onto your knees, 2 things that have caused the back of my knee to hurt at times.

If the pain is very slight you should be fine to work through it, just be sure to get your form straightened out.