starting strength gym

Thread: Good NYC gyms to recommend?

Default Good NYC gyms to recommend?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Will be in NYC for a few days coming up and obviously will bring my gym stuff along. Staying in the general vicinity of Madison Square Park (not Garden) and Gramercy Park. There seem to be a few commercial gyms in walking distance but no idea how suited they are to BB training so thought I'd ask for any recs. Thanks.

I know nothing about NYC or its layout, but Wolf is in NYC as well as several other SSCs.

Crossfit Solace has Wolf as well as pretty solid open gym hours during the day when classes aren't going on. And like 8 full power racks with fancy plates.

Quote Originally Posted by ChasingCurls69 View Post
    Crossfit Solace has Wolf as well as pretty solid open gym hours during the day when classes aren't going on. And like 8 full power racks with fancy plates.
    +1 About eight blocks north of Gramercy/Madison Square Park area on the east side. Not an awful walk. Then you can walk two blocks east and go to 2nd Avenue Deli for recovery gainZz pastrami.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Above and beyond using Wolf's gym, if you got a few bucks to spare, schedule some time with him. Not only is he damn strong, he seems pretty nice and helpful, too.
    Also, he towers over normal men. Well, he towers over me, at least.

There are cheaper options, but if you aren't absolutely strapped for cash, go to Solace, and see the Wolf.

Thanks guys. This place is three blocks from my hotel. Was really looking forward to checking it out but that bruised rib I have been discussing in the recovery forum has other plans for me this week ... Next trip out, though.

starting strength coach development program
    Ah, that's you there. Yeah, be careful with that sort of thing. It put me out of commission for a while.