starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should i stop powercleaning?

Default Should i stop powercleaning?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Ok so i've had this stupid left wrist injury for more than 3 weeks now, and although it's gotten better, it seems to get worse some days, better the next. I really want this pain to be rid of once and for all, so i was wondering if dropping powercleans until they heal would be a smart choice? I currently feel pain doing chinups and a bit of tightness/pain racking and un-racking the clean. Neutral grip chinups don't hurt but.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. Thanks.

If you want it to heal, and cleans keep re-injuring it, I suppose you have to stop until it heals.

I tried doing rows instead, and heavy rows hurt my wrist all the same, preventing me from pulling the bar maybe that last few inches to touch my belly. It just hit me that maybe i should be trying to use the Starr rehab on my wrist since that fixed me up in a week last time i hurt something in my glute. The problem is, are they any particular signs that i can use to tell if my wrist is a muscle injury of some sort so that doing the Starr rehab would be the right choice?

for 3 weeks?

man...why havenßt you thought about seeing a doctor?

Because he is at least smart enough to know better than that. But he is confuzzled as usual about the rest of it.

Going to a doctor will mean possible X-rays to see if its a fracture. And if its not they'll just say to stop doing all exercise until it heals. Maybe chuck it in a cast or something to stop you from moving it.

But still, how am i meant to know if i should be applying Starr rehab to it? I gave it a go doing some bar hangcleans for about 3x5.

Are there any muscle bellies in your wrist?

Quote Originally Posted by confuzzl3don3 View Post
    Going to a doctor will mean possible X-rays to see if its a fracture. And if its not they'll just say to stop doing all exercise until it heals. Maybe chuck it in a cast or something to stop you from moving it.

But still, how am i meant to know if i should be applying Starr rehab to it? I gave it a go doing some bar hangcleans for about 3x5.
    I asked Rip about a similar problem, he gave some good advise.

It is on this thread:

http://startingstrength.com/resource...=wrist+olympic

In regards to there being any muscle bellies in the wrist, i'd say no? There's only tendons right. Is it possible to have a slight tear of a tendon? Or would you say this is more like your explanation to Randle's wrist sprain as 'the wrist itself jammed up posterior'.

Randle, at the time did u also experience more pain when the arm was in a supinated position as opposed to a pronated position. And by 'palm back' do u mean the dorsum of your hand approaching your forearm, or your actual palm going towards your forearm?

starting strength coach development program
    No, there are no muscle bellies in the wrist. Just tendons and ligaments. Now, look at the fucking sticky. What does it say the method applies to?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast