starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Check 210 fifth set, 235 DL check

Default Squat Check 210 fifth set, 235 DL check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I am posting a form check for my Squat and DL. I should be getting my weight lifting shoes in about two weeks, the strength coach at my school just put my order in. So i should in a week or two be able to squat and have a more steady base and have an easier time keeping the weight on my mid-foot. But i want to know how my squat looks in the mean time, i am switching over to 3x5 once i'm at 225lbs. But below is the fifth set at 210lbs.
    http://youtu.be/v2FZflHFUXY

For my DL i actually used the warm up reps and i felt much more secure going at 235 then doing it cold like i was previously, i just think i have to get my back at more of an angle and less horizontal to the bar, but the bar path did look better. This is my DL.
    http://youtu.be/8KIyQrutxqE

James,

For your squat, the biggest issue I see is your knees sliding forward at the bottom. Try reading the section in the book about your knees moving forward during the first third of the decent. I think the TUBOW would be helpful.

As for your deadlift, try going over the set-up as it is written in the book (i.e. grip the bar, shins to the bar, set, your back without dropping your hips). It looks like you are gripping the bar with your shins already against it, which is creating a more vertical shin angle than necessary, and in turn, a more horizontal back angle. Also, you are not standing up straight at the top. Your knees, and hips need to be fully locked in extension at the top. Watch your video again, you never fully extend your hips.

Hope this help,

JP