starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check

Default Deadlift form check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hello,

Today I deloaded to 90 Kg from 105 kg due to severe back rounding. My black t-shirt does not help but I can see a slight back rounding at 90Kg even after deload. I do not know if there is a problem with my set up. I try to follow every step from the book. So I would like to hear your opinion on my form.

Thanks a lot.

Looks like your shoulders are a little forward (consequently hips a touch high) and you don't really force the chest up so you start a little rounded. Think about dropping your dick beneath your legs and your chest up.

Thanks for your answer. The problem with the shoulders forward and my hips higher are there when I deadlift with weightlifting shoes. When I wear all stars hips are lower and then I can set my back better. I am thinking to deadlift only in all stars but Rip recommends to deadlift using weightlifting shoes so that’s why I am trying to correct my form. In the book at step 5 there is another step 4.5 where Rip says to get weight back off toes. I do not know if I am into this situation but I tried doing it with no success.

Your hips definitely need to be lower. Maybe you'll need to move forward half an inch. Drop your hips until you can straighten your back and see where the bar goes. It'll probably be fine.

Also, are you pushing your knees out?