starting strength gym

Thread: Maximum & optimal amount of time between deadlift repetitions in working set?

Question Maximum & optimal amount of time between deadlift repetitions in working set?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    The article linked below indicates that 30 seconds between deadlift repetitions in a 5 repetition working set is not a set of 5, but instead 5 singles. What is the optimal amount of time in between repetitions for strength performance? Or should I be counting my breaths and doing my next repetition after my second breath or something?

Time Between Reps | Andrew Lewis

Thanks in advance!

Was this not specifically addressed in the article?

The Deadlift
    Take the necessary time, but don't dawdle. The start of the deadlift is an unloaded position in which you are bent over with a small amount of knee flexion. As a result, you can get tired in this position. Taking 3 or 4 breaths at the bottom position before starting the next rep can be enticing when the weight gets heavy, but it will only make things worse. A good guideline is to breathe out at the bottom of the rep, then take one big breath, set your back, push the floor away, lock it out, set it down, and breathe. You won't pass out from only taking one breath each rep.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com