starting strength gym

Thread: starting strength routine twice a week?

Default starting strength routine twice a week?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    due to boxing on tuesdays and thursdays, i only have 2 days to be able to workout as any more will be too fatigueing and will cut down recovery time because of boxing and the bodyweight excercises and drills that we do. i was wondering if doing this routine 2x a week would still give me gains, provided im bulking up and eating alot, as i plan to gain atleast 20lbs before september. right now ive started day 1 of SS on sunday and have done Squats,Bench, and Deadlifts. wednesday is day 2 of my workout routine. If i were to follow this sundays and wednesdays, would that still provide me with adequate strength and size gains?(obviously it wont be as much as 3x a week). Also, do you think i should add in accessory work on the 2 days? or is it fine as it is as ill only be working out twice a week.

thanks alot

Yep, you can progress doing SS 2x a week, even though following THE PROGRAM to the letter would yield better results. Given the fact that you are only training 2x a week, I would suggest doing Squats/Bench/Deads on Friday, and Squat/Press/P.cleans on Monday, with some chins/dips added later (after 3-4 months).