starting strength gym

Thread: Exercise before NLP

Default Exercise before NLP

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hi

So had a nasty slip and ruptured my patella tendon (had same on other knee 14 years ago) . Surgery in 24 hours then rehab. Once completed will be back to NLP.

From what I remember will be doing programme of leg press and other lower leg exercises to gradually strengthen the tendon.

However without being able to walk far, work or cycle I would really like to try and get some safe exercise for my mood/sanity.

I should be able to Bench productively twice a week and dumbbell press and possibly chins if I can get reliable training partner.

Has anyone had a similar injury and been able to put together a safe circuit of other exercises to add to the above and bring on a bit of a “sweat”.

Many thanks

Your sanity can wait. Squats to a box for rehab, and no single-leg anything on that knee EVER.

There is no reason for "exercise" inside a gym when you can get basically the same results either a) getting things accomplished in your life or b) walking outside in God's creation. Maybe if it's real hot outside. But that seems like it would help get the sweat up anyway.

Thanks for the good advice- surgery apparently went well. Assuming you run a NLP with box squats is there a way of knowing when to switch to normal low bar squats- and can the same poundage be carried over straight away? Typing this I’m already thinking a coach may be a valuable investment here….