starting strength gym

Thread: Squat check please -265 lbs

Default Squat check please -265 lbs

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    3rd set of 265. 109 degrees in the garage today. Felt like puking after the first set. Sometimes I hate Texas weather.

Thanks for your time!

Squat 265 LBS - YouTube

Sorry to hear about the heat. It was 70 and sunny today in Oakland. The weather is awful out here. AWFUL. However, the earthquake that is destined to lay this place to waste is lurking somewhere in the Hayward or San Andreas faults. Strain is accumulating over time and no one knows when it will give way. I digress...

Your knees are going too far forward. This, in general, puts you slightly off balance on your toes. Don't let your knees go so far forward. Sit back with your butt more. Drive your knees out harder. All that should help a bit.

Thank you for the reply, Tom.

I tried again this week with 265. I don't want to add weight until I get my form issues fixed. My platform slopes with the garage at about 1/8" per foot. I noticed my heels lifting a bit in my earlier videos, causing the shift to my toes. I'm wondering if this is partly due to my heels being a tiny bit lower than my mid foot. I'll try to get my platform more level. I told myself "heels" and "knees out" on this set. Please let me know what you think. Thanks again!

2nd set of 265 - YouTube

You are still forward a bit. The sloping garage is not helping matters, either. Things are mostly going forward at the bottom. You need to work to stay in balance and stay tight when you turn things around. Keep your butt back on the way down and drive your hips up when it is time to ascend.