starting strength gym
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New T-Nation article

Default New T-Nation article

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...er_doesnt_work

Again, ignore most of the illustrations.

A few days ago, a guy came up to me at the gym and asked me what I do for lower body. I said squats, cause it does them all in one shot and I don't have to worry about a bunch of different exercises. He then asked me if he had to go all the way down. I said, well yeah or else you don't get your ass and hamstrings into it, just the quads. He then asked how to just work the quads. I said front squat. Again he asked if he had to go all the way down. At that point I told him he could try the leg press machine, or he could continue half squatting, or he could do whatever the fuck he wanted as long as he left me alone to do my deadlifts.

Just makes me want to join/open up my own black iron gym even more.

I've found great success with a browser extension/add-on called "readability" that will re-do the page in a simple black text on white background without images. note: I use Chrome, so I'm not sure how it works for other browsers.

"It would be easier to do a new PR on a different leg machine," you think. "Maybe I'll try to max out the Hammer Strength iso-lateral leg press today. That's hard, they say. Then Friday I'll fry the shit out of my quads on the linear hack press. Monday it'll be the squat high pull machine, Wednesday the V-squat, and then I'll just cycle through the leg circuit, maxing out a new one every time. Yeah! FUCK yeah! That'll be better anyway, muscle confusion, conjugate method, all that shit. More variety means better gains, I've heard."
    What a secure and sheltered training-life I've lived; I have never met that guy.

love it

Excellent. Direct and to-the-point. Now if everyone will only read, comprehend and obey.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...er_doesnt_work

Again, ignore most of the illustrations.
    I sometimes wonder if T-Nation is being intentionality ironic in it's choice of illustrations. You have an article all about reaching proper depth in the squat, but only one of the pictures shows somebody actually reaching depth (maybe even their stock photos squat high).

I tell people that I squat 3 time a week and they say "how do you do legs so often." It's amazing how most of the world trains using the "split" model and would never even consider the SS approach to training. I know I never did before I read the book.

Only $8 to drop in at your facility. I got to move to Tx.

starting strength coach development program
    Open Letter to T-Nation:

I appreciate your interest in Rip's articles. This is some of the best information on training available on the net.

That being said. Please pull your collective heads out of your backsides and make an attempt to include picture that don't directly undermine the whole point of the article you are publishing. I can believe that there are no stock photos that show a squat done at the proper depth. If so, then run the freaking article without any pictures!

All you're doing in confusing the shit out of people who are already confused. Anybody who would stand to benefit from this article is being told to squat below parallel and then shown pictures of people not squatting below parallel. Have some respect for your readers.

Matt Lentzner

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast