starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift physic

Talking Deadlift physic

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    Hello Mark I am from Germany and a good friend of mine and me have this discussion going on for over a year now.
    I am 1,89m (6 feet 2 inches) and he is about 1,79m (5 feet 10 inches) and we both weigh about 70kg. I am pretty slim and he is quite dench. He is concerned that I have a big advantage due to my long limbs and long torso when it comes to deadlifting. And he is at a disadvantage because he has a "smaller" body (compared to me).
    I think it's that simple: Because I have a longer way with the barbell and since Work=f*d, I should be the one at disadvantage.
    I'm not saying that it is so but just saying.
    Of course we have read much of your work, and tried to figur it out that way but probably we just couldn't find that part or skipped it since english is not our first language.
    I hope you read this and tell us who's right or if we are both wrong.
    We both are big fans by the way
    Thanks a lot,
    Matthias

The book is published in German: Starting Strength: Einführung ins Langhanteltraining: Amazon.de: Mark Rippetoe: Bücher

Right now, he has the advantage, because both of you are severely underweight. Not big enough. You especially. Eat 3x as much as you eat now. Both of you.