starting strength gym

Thread: Meniscus question

Default Meniscus question

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi everyone,

Last week after squatting I felt weird feeling (soreness and weakness) in my both knees (in the medial menisci) and it intensifies when walking. My knees pop from time to time (but they do so for 10 years and I cannot say If now the popping is more frequent or not because I didn't pay attention to it earlier.) I went to an orthopedist today, and he checked my knees for meniscus tears and concluded that there are no such because I don't feel pain during twisting the knees and they didn't pop during the tests. He told me that it is compression of the menisci due to overload. I have made some research and didn't find much about compression in the meniscus. I am wondering if this diagnosis is correct or I have actually tore my menisci. Has anyone had such a problem? Would you advise me to get a second opinion?

Thanks in advance

Dilyan

If you had tore your meniscii you would know about it. It wouldve made a noticeable sound during acute injury. then your your knee and possibly your whole leg would be very swollen and you might not be able to fully flex and extend your leg for possibly months. It would definitely hurt a lot to stand on it.

Well I have no pain most of the time. When I walk or stay on my legs for a long time I feel discomfort around my kneecap (mainly above it) and sometimes the area just below the patella on the medial part of the knee is a little bit tender. I will try foam rolling tomorrow to see if it will help.

Sounds like a simple case of patellar tendinitis.