starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elbow pain

Default Elbow pain

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Guys, 3 weeks ago, i felt this elbow pain by doing barbell w tricep extensions, since that
    i feel pain in everytime isolated tricep exercise, except bench press and push, and rope tricep extension.

exercise with barbell or dumbell hurts when use higher weights...

what should i do? can i stay with benchpress and substitute JM presses, dumbell tricep extensions and barbell extension by push ups one day and another rope extension?

should i put ice? how many times a day.thanks

I see no reason to do isolation triceps exercises at your point of training.

im doing westside routine and it has isolation exercise

Quote Originally Posted by brandao View Post
    im doing westside routine and it has isolation exercise
    I don't think you should be doing Westside at this point of your training, but you should take 3000mg of ibuprofen/day for 5 days and take it easy on the exercises that hurt your elbow. You should also not use a lot of weight on those exercises.

Westside was created by and for some of the highest performing powerlifters in the world. The odds that it is the ideal program for you are pretty low.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie View Post
    Westside was created by and for some of the highest performing powerlifters in the world. The odds that it is the ideal program for you are pretty low.
    Advanced powerlifters that compete in equipped powerlifting and use steroids, that is. But hey, if he want to do ME seated good-mornings who am I to tell him otherwise.

I started 2 years ago strong lifts, tried texas method, madcow...bench 110kg, squat 190kg, DL 180kg...

than changed to westside 3 monts ago, bench 130kg, squat 230, dl 210kg...

no steroid use, no suplement except whey...my body weight went from 88kg to 97kg...

since a guy told me about westside, in the beggining i didnt like it...that i read some info about this training and truly believe that the secret is more speed, and strenght week parts of my body....my bicep femoral was weak, and tricep was weak...my injury come by stupidity, i was in hurry and didnt warmup properly, and putted a lot os stress in elbow.

i have to admit, that strong lifts and basic movement made me gain strenght, but i was hitting a lot of plateus, my back at somepoint was a lot of sore of doing squat 3 times a weak... going to west side made me get out of plateus...im loveing it...
    Last edited by brandao; 11-28-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brandao View Post
    I started 2 years ago strong lifts, tried texas method, madcow...bench 110kg, squat 180kg, DL 160kg...

than changed to westside 3 monts ago, bench 130kg, squat 230, dl 210kg...

no steroid use, no suplement except whey...my body weight went from 88kg to 97kg...

since a guy told me about westside, in the beggining i didnt like it...that i read some info about this training and truly believe that the secret is more speed, and strenght week parts of my body....my bicep femoral was weak, and tricep was weak...my injury come by stupidity, i was in hurry and didnt warmup properly, and putted a lot os stress in elbow
    Those are some nice numbers, although the squat being higher than the deadlift is strange. Are you positive you are squatting deep enough?

You can always incorporate westside principles in your own routine, like doing speed work on Fridays on Texas Method.

I squat the WPC deep, not IPF...in portugal we only have wpc...

My deadlift is weaker because i hade my femural bicep(leg) weak, and have massive big quadricep... i always had big legs...my deadlift is increasing, my grip is a litle weak too...

all my movements are raw, except belt in higher weigths
    Last edited by brandao; 11-28-2011 at 03:28 PM.

starting strength coach development program
    but question here is about the elbow, im thinking about take some anti flamatoris pills, and ice before bed... in gym, warmup good, doing benchpress with lighter weights and do pushups as isolation... at least those exercises dont hurt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast