starting strength gym

Thread: Forearm pain (overhead & bench) press, biceps tendon?

Default Forearm pain (overhead & bench) press, biceps tendon?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Long story short: any pressing motion has the bar pushing down on the fleshy part of my palm connected to my thumb. Roughly midway on that crease there's a spot that if I, or the bar, press down on - and the bar does - pain shoots up my forearm, on the bottom side. Generally is dead center fore/aft and laterally on the underside, though it has gone to my elbow before. Sharp enough that I want to drop the bar.

I had a massage therapist work on it, and found a couple of incredibly sore (pressure?) points on the hand side of the elbow. I believe one of them is the biceps tendon on the forearm side.

Still, the pain I get is usually a good 6-8" further toward my hand. Anyone experienced anything like this? Searches turned up one or two similar cases, but generally were either in the upper arm or the bottom of the motion - this is the forearm, and at the extended part of the motion.

Currently just not pressing and S/DLing instead. Oh, right hand, and right-handed and always on a computer, so some wonder if it could be some sort of RSI.

Insights appreciated,

Shayne

EDIT: NM, misread.