starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift check at 325lb

Default Deadlift check at 325lb

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Coaches,

I would really appreciate your feedback on my deadlift. I do see that on a couple of reps I didn't lift my head/chest up.

http://youtu.be/yWU_FuuWJbI

Thanks in advance!

Read the sticky at the top about pulls from the floor. Pay attention to step 4.

This is the part where I giggle

What am I missing here, Steve? I'm guessing you two have been though this before?

My last post somehow didn't submit. I recently started wearing my 4 inch belt (best belt) for my deadlifts and I suspect that it is messing with my ability to get into an extended position. I just went and compared my deadlift videos without belt at 275lb/295lbs/305lbs with my videos at 315lb/325lb/335lbs with belt. The first thing that I noticed was that my back was extended more without the belt than with the belt. Pulling my chest up is something that I was always struggling with, even more so on the last rep of a 1x5 set. With the belt on, it seemed worse. I could just be misinterpreting all this. However, the good news is that I'll be at the Level 1 seminar in Atlanta and will get to work with Steve on this.

Also, just to answer your question on Steve's behalf, I have been coached by Steve more than a few times now, over the course of the last year, and attended few of his camps. I sent the same videos in an email to him before posting on the forum, and I received identical feedback from both of you. It is uncanny. Apologies for the duplication of effort. I'm beginning to enjoy my participation and activity in the forum. I'm thinking of starting my log here now as I have started preparing for my first meet.

starting strength coach development program
    No apologies are necessary, it's just amusing to me that Paul and I had exactly the same feedback. So we've got that going for us!