starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snatch Grip Dead

Default Snatch Grip Dead

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Was thinking if giving these a try. I was wondering if they should be done SS style with high hips or with low hips? Any one have a good video. Thanks.

If I could only do one exercise, it would be the Snatch Grip DeadLift with at least a 34" grip.

Quote Originally Posted by hsilman View Post
    it's still a deadlift. It should be done with the best possible deadlift mechanics. This means the bar over the mid-foot, and the hips at the position where they will not raise with the back extended until the bar breaks the floor.
    So you are describing leading with hips as undesirable? Thanks

The form is a whole new ballgame with the Snatch Grip DeadLift, have you even tried any yet?

iamcentaur Guest

a snatch deadlift should be done using the same setup/starting position as the snatch

this means if you SN with the bar over the middle of the foot, then you SN DL with the bar over the middle of the foot

if you SN with the bar farther forward, like over the base of the toes, then you SN DL with the bar over the base of the toes

regardless of style, hips end up where they need to be based off your position/anthropometry

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    The form is a whole new ballgame with the Snatch Grip DeadLift, have you even tried any yet?
    Not really that I recall. That's why I was double checking form. Since we all lift with higher hips here than the general strength training public. I was wondering about snatch grip.

Quote Originally Posted by iamcentaur View Post
    a snatch deadlift should be done using the same setup/starting position as the snatch

this means if you SN with the bar over the middle of the foot, then you SN DL with the bar over the middle of the foot

if you SN with the bar farther forward, like over the base of the toes, then you SN DL with the bar over the base of the toes

regardless of style, hips end up where they need to be based off your position/anthropometry
    Thanks I will try them. Just wanted to make sure I didn't end up doing a straight leg version or a a squat style version if that was not ideal.

How do these videos look as an idea of form to copy.
    Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/j2rK0ANyOnw

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/Hlf1P32OvZs

You cant go wrong with Mark Bell.

starting strength coach development program
    He seems to prefer conventuals deads with lower hips.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast