starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check, please help

Default Squat form check, please help

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi Coach,

i got the book and the dvd, but i still cannot figure it out what im doing wrong, i just feeling strange when im doing squat.
    please help me.

Thanks!

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YshrFCSuJno

Side view:

Rear view:

am i using hip drive?

You are trying to keep your back too vertical on the descent. Do you see how the back angle changes drastically on the way up? Some lifting shoes would help as well. Push your hips back and bend your knees at the same time on the descent. Lean over a bit more on the way down and then your back angle won't have to change so much on the way up.

Rick

Have you read the squat chapter in the book? It almost looks like you are doing a high bar squat. If it is low bar, you need to read the squat chapter again, if ever.

Think of squatting down to take a slam. Your knees bend, your ass goes back, and you squat down to the bowl. Try it... Both should bend at the sametime.

Quote Originally Posted by RickBarker View Post
    You are trying to keep your back too vertical on the descent. Do you see how the back angle changes drastically on the way up? Some lifting shoes would help as well. Push your hips back and bend your knees at the same time on the descent. Lean over a bit more on the way down and then your back angle won't have to change so much on the way up.

Rick
    ok i will try to do that, thanks for the advice

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mwhities View Post
    Have you read the squat chapter in the book? It almost looks like you are doing a high bar squat. If it is low bar, you need to read the squat chapter again, if ever.

Think of squatting down to take a slam. Your knees bend, your ass goes back, and you squat down to the bowl. Try it... Both should bend at the sametime.
    i will read the book again, thanks