starting strength gym

Thread: Posterior knee/ Popliteus / medial meniscus/ deep squatting

Default Posterior knee/ Popliteus / medial meniscus/ deep squatting

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    The last few days ive gotten a very slight tightness or burning sensation in the back of my right knee when going through a particular range of motion in squats, it will occur very close to the bottom of the squat, ive looked this up a little bit and im almost thinking its an aggravated funny little muscle right around the knee called the popliteus, i have no idea what a medial menisci tear would feel like but it would probably hurt a hell of alot more than it is now. It is very minor pain atm, i generally inquire about this stuff at the first sign of something odd.

If you have a strength imbalance between your quads and hamstrings and you are squatting deep with maybe some kind of form flaw i was curious what problems might pop up.

How long have you been squatting? How much weight are you squatting? Do you have any videos?

These were some squats i did about a week ago. I realise that i am dropping down a bit too fast (ive been told) and i have a small strength imbalance with my legs. My right is a bit stronger than my left. Im working on it .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJOvsrmnQ28

I havent felt the sensation when squatting heavy weights during training , so far ive only noticed it the last few days while at work, whenever i will sit into a deep squat (for whatever reason.)

Im kind of wondering if standing in one spot for really long periods of time has anything to do with it .

Im also aware that my feet overpronate a bit, and the fact that i am on my feet for close to 11 hours a day in worn out shoes might not help this issue.

Maybe if you cleaned up your squat form, your knee problem would improve.