starting strength gym

Thread: Coming back after Achilles rupture and Rotator cuff (supraspinatus partial tear)

Default Coming back after Achilles rupture and Rotator cuff (supraspinatus partial tear)

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hello everyone, first of all I am new on this forum appreciate to be here and to be able to learn from likeminded people.
    Started my journey in the strength world many years ago 1998(T nation, Doggcrap, Westside, MaxOT, SS etc) . Have been doing pretty well no injuries or aches or pain atleast nothing over longer time. Until last year my Achilles ruptured(While running, why would I run.. not sure stupid decision) I am 47 years old by the way.
    So question is would you recommend to start over the original NLP(the progression system motivates me, simple to follow and makes you have a target to shoot for) My all time best is 550 squat, 440 bench and 617 deadlift(44 years of age when setting this PR) After this I started struggling with my supraspinatus and last year as I said my achilles ruptured so right now down for the count, but trying to get back up step by step and wondering if the regular standard NLP could be a way to go or if there are any other recommendations I should consider.
    Goal is to be back at 500 squat, 405 bench and 600 deadlift within reasonable time preferably before I am 50 years old. Right now I have 440 squat(on a good day), 330 bench and 530 deadlift(feel the achilles, but not to bad feel it is getting better). Also lost about 45 pounds I am at 220 pounds bodyweight at the moment and 5.10 height. Any advice is very much appreciated. Have a great day everyone!

Most people, I’m assuming everyone, recommends doing the nlp for everyone after any time off. You’ll progress really fast so might as well ride it out. Good luck