starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shoes and Belt

Default Shoes and Belt

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I absolutely have no idea where to get weightlifting shoes and a proper belt, we only have a Dick's around and they do not have the aforementioned goods.

I would like to try the shoes before buying though, and I presume the belt should have certain standards so I would truly appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

I'd recommend the shoes here: http://www.roguefitness.com/gear-app...ting-shoes.php
    And also the shoe here: http://www.ristosports.com/index.php...roducts_id=100
    You have some options depending on your price range, you can email them with your foot length to help find the right size. Unless you live in Ohio or Massachusetts, you might have trouble trying them before buying.
    Now Dick's has some very nice Mizuno volleyball shoes that you might look into, the ones with the gummy soles. I use them for sports excluding lifting, but IMO they would be appropriate, and they're very comfortable. They are women's shoes though, if you care about that kind of thing, but really there's no way to tell from the design. Well, if you are a larger person, they may not run them in your size, but if your (US) size is 10 or less you may be able to use it.

For belts, bestbelts.net makes very high quality belts, I would recommend the athlete single prong belt in soft, that is the one I use.
    Inzer is also a popular brand and they make belts with levers instead of buckles, which you might prefer.
    Last edited by MikeC1; 08-27-2011 at 02:41 AM.

http://www.bestbelts.net/

Ships free anywhere in US and they're made in US love mine although I got one too big and had to drill new wholes..also go with 1 prong I went with two and its kinda a PITA to get on and off when its really tight

Edit: damn Mike beat me to it lol, also I got Rippe's shoes but it appears rogue doesn't sell em anymore?

I don't usually do this, but for fuck's sake, don't you think this hasn't been discussed around here? would it kill you to use the search function?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Vechet View Post
    ha ha, the first link on google brings you back here!!! quite impressed with the link that you set up though, how'd you do that?!

"I don't usually do this, but for fuck's sake, don't you think this hasn't been discussed around here? would it kill you to use the search function?"

Amen brother ....

Quote Originally Posted by frosty-g View Post
    ha ha, the first link on google brings you back here!!! quite impressed with the link that you set up though, how'd you do that?!
    It's just this site: http://lmgtfy.com/

I'm still trying to figure out how to have the link embedded in the words. Like when someone says "Go here", you click on "here" and it takes you to the link.

Edit: Just got it. So why don't you Let Me Google That For You
    Last edited by Jonathan Vechet; 08-28-2011 at 03:55 PM.

aha, thanks, sure i'll find a way to have some fun with that!

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for all the input, I appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast