starting strength gym

Thread: Form check

Default Form check

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5doqA3_Ln1o
    Any input gratefully recieved

There's a little bit of forward knee travel coming out of the hole, possibly because you're letting your legs relax. You need to keep them tensed and tight throughout the whole range of motion. A video shot from 45 degrees would be helpful to see if your knees are shoved out nice and wide.

Also, you lack hip drive and are leading with the chest somewhat as you ascend. Dropping your chin so that your neck is aligned with your spine should give you more hip drive.

Sent from my GT-I9100

here's your input: Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries

I think it looks good. To my eye, the stuff that bamzi is mentioning is slight... not sure it's worth messing w/.

Quote Originally Posted by veryhrm View Post
    here's your input: Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries

I think it looks good. To my eye, the stuff that bamzi is mentioning is slight... not sure it's worth messing w/.

I fart in your general direction.

Thinking about it I may be a bit loose in the bottom(oooo errr)

Quote Originally Posted by bamzi View Post
    There's a little bit of forward knee travel coming out of the hole, possibly because you're letting your legs relax. You need to keep them tensed and tight throughout the whole range of motion. A video shot from 45 degrees would be helpful to see if your knees are shoved out nice and wide.

Also, you lack hip drive and are leading with the chest somewhat as you ascend. Dropping your chin so that your neck is aligned with your spine should give you more hip drive.

Sent from my GT-I9100
    I second what bamzi said about lack of hip drive and leading with your chest.

starting strength coach development program
    Cheers lads. Will look at the hip drive next week.
    Would that be why I'm not really feeling the hamstring bounce at the bottom?