starting strength gym

Thread: Fathers Day Form Check

Default Fathers Day Form Check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Today my son couldn't refuse my request to video my squat. Otherwise I'm on my own with the camera at side view at hip height to check depth. That's how I'll video my next squat workout at this same weight.

6'0"
    Reconstructed ACL in right knee

http://youtu.be/y9HYlRYiJnE

http://youtu.be/y9HYlRYiJnE

Pretty good. You could speed up your descent a little (while staying tight) to get more rebound out of the hole. Your knees start to buckle a bit on the last few reps. And you need to remember to keep looking down.

Ingenious guerilla safeties!

Sent from my GT-I9100

Yeah, they look pretty ok.

-i think you could go another few inches deeper. Hard to say exactly due to angle and saw horse, but you should check that.

- also, you have a lot of movement in your upper chest area. Basically i think that you let your chest collapse when you stand up in order to have your hips fully extended. Since the bar has to be over mid foot, either your ankles, your hips or your back have to be flexed when you're standing fully up. I think the preference is a bit of ankles and a bit of hips, but you don't want that much movement in your back.

- also, push those knees farther out. Even before they start coming in when you get tired, i'm not sure they're far enough out at the bottom.

(you do maintain a very nicely flat back during the meat of each rep though so that's good.)