starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4bYoCHhZ6w
    This is my last set of five on week 5 of Stronglifts. I know it's frowned upon in this forum, but I started SL before I found SS so I'm just going to switch to 3x5 when 5x5 gets too taxing. (Sorry about the head up, and the not-so-good angle). I'll try and post another video with revised form once I go through the squat section of the book a few more times.

You're keeping your shins way too vertical, which is making you sit back instead of sink down, and the entire drive up is all chest and head. No hip drive. Notice how this combination throws you backward as you drive up?

When you squat down, spread the knees apart and sink down between your thighs. Get your head down and drive up through the hips--don't use your head and chest to pull yourself up.

Your toes are lifting off the ground.

You should just switch to SS now. It's hard to make any case for SL being a better program.

Thanks for the quick replies, and I definitely did feel a bit wobbly. I'll try to keep a more centered center of balance (if that made any sense), keep my head down, and work on hip drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean B View Post
    Thanks for the quick replies, and I definitely did feel a bit wobbly. I'll try to keep a more centered center of balance (if that made any sense), keep my head down, and work on hip drive.
    ... AND switch to SS.

Had a quick look at your other vids too. Your rows should start and stop each rep on the ground. Your deadlifts aren't shit ... but with touch and go, they're not really deadlifts either. And get your mate to stop looking straight up. I think I herniated C6-7 just watching that.