starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hello,

I'd like some help diagnosing my squat form. I've attached a couple videos, and a couple images.

I'm not sure if I'm horizontal enough; my focus has been trying to get my knees wider, but they might still have some ways to go. I put the pictures with the lines to see if my angles are correct. I'm not positive, but I may have long femurs relative to my torso? I don't know what sort of ratio/length I'm supposed to look for to know

set 1 11.27 blank.jpg

set 1 11.27 lines.jpg

Videos shot from the ground are tough to comment on, but you knew this already having assiduously studied the sticky at the top of this forum. Here is what I can tell your, your squat is not bad. Get your knees forward earlier. You are trying to squat with a vertical shin. This causes the knees to poke forward at the bottom. Get them in place by about halfway down and all with be right with the universe. Also drive your knees out a little harder. You may be going too deep in your squat, but I cannot say that for sure and, if you are, it is not terrible. Eat more sandwiches.